Gary Ivey headline
I hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather! We are very excited that the city has launched its new website, hooveralabama.gov, and social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. The site has many new features that will make it much easier for visitors to navigate and get information. Our previous website had been in place for more than 10 years, and it was time for a new look and a redesign.
Some of the additions to our site are:
- An extensive history of the City of Hoover since its incorporation in 1967
- A “Notify Me” section, where you can sign up to receive emails with event listings, emergency alerts, news flashes and much more
- A “Let Us Help” section, where people can report things such as potholes or things that need repairing, violations of the city code, overgrown lots or stormwater problems.
We have so many great events being held in Hoover in April and May. Please be sure and save the following dates:
- Decorators’ Showhouse: April 20-May 5 held in Hoover in the Riverchase subdivision. For information visit ShowHouse-Al.com.
- Household Hazardous Waste Day: April 20 from 8 a.m.–noon held at the Hoover Met. You must show your driver’s license to prove that you are a Hoover resident prior to dropping off items. A complete list of items we take is listed on our website.
- Celebrate Hoover Day: May 4 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.. This is one of our premier events of the year. This family-friendly and free event is held at Veterans Park on Valleydale.
- 31st Annual Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast: May 7 at 7:30 a.m. at the Wynfrey Hotel. Tickets go on sale April 1, so please visit our website for details.
We want to exceed your expectations in every way with all we do. Please contact our office if we can be of assistance to you.