Hoover marching band 9-15-15
The Hoover High School marching band performs at their homecoming football game on Friday, Sept. 15, 2015.
Thirteen high school marching bands from Alabama and Mississippi are scheduled to perform Saturday at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover High School’s annual band competition.
The event is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. with Purvis High School from Purvis, Miss., while the last competing band from Thompson High School in Alabaster is scheduled to take the field at 7:10 p.m.
Here’s the complete schedule for the day:
- 1:30 p.m. – Purvis High School, Purvis, Miss.
- 1:50 p.m. – American Christian Academy, Tuscaloosa
- 2:10 p.m. – Laurel High School, Laurel, Miss.
- 2:30 p.m. – Leeds High School
- 2:50 p.m. – Hueytown High School
- 3:10 p.m. – Corner High School
- 3:30 p.m. – Brewer High School, Somerville
- 3:50 p.m. – Oak Grove High School
- 4:10 p.m. – Pelham High School
- 4:30 -- Dinner break featuring the Hoover High School “First Edition” jazz ensemble
- 5:30 p.m. – National anthem played by Simmons Middle School
- 6:30 p.m. – James Clemens High School, Madison
- 6:50 p.m. – Grissom High School, Huntsville
- 7:10 p.m. – Thompson High School, Alabaster
- 7:30 p.m. – Exhibition performance by Hoover High School
- 8 p.m. – Awards
Tickets for the competition cost $8 for adults and $5 for students and can be bought at the gate.
Judges for this year’s Hoover Invitational Marching Festival come from Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Ohio, according to the Hoover High School Band Boosters Association website.