Hoover City School Board of Education
Hoover City Schools released a timeline for their search for the next superintendent on Thursday, Jan. 22.
The school board recently hired Alabama Association of School Board (AASB) to help assist them with the search. The timeline begins in January and ends with an intended start date of June 30 or July 1 for the chosen superintendent.
- Jan. 26-Feb. 6: Conduct stakeholder surveys (tentative)
- Jan. 27, 30: Pre-search meetings with AASP consultant
- Feb. 3: Stakeholder engagement meetings
- Feb. 10: Deliver survey results to board
- Feb. 17: Advertise position and post vacancy
- April 3: Application deadline
- April 7: Screen applicants and select finalists
- April 14: Deliver finalist list to school board
- April 20-30: Conduct interviews
- May 1-22: Check references, site visits, negotiate contract
- June 30 or July 1: New superintendent's start date