1 of 2
Photo by Katie Turpen
During the Feb. 2 meeting, Joe Rives was inducted as the newest member of Hoover City Council.
2 of 2
Photo by Katie Turpen.
During the Feb. 2 meeting, Joe Rives was inducted as the newest Hoover City Council member.
During the Feb. 2 meeting, Joe Rives was inducted as the newest Hoover City Council member. Rives takes the place of council member Trey Lott. Lott vacated his seat on the council on Jan. 20 after a recent move from Greystone to Alabaster.
Rives has served on the Hoover Board of Zoning Adjustments and was appointed to the Hoover Planning and Zoning Commission in October 2014. During the meeting, Councilman Jack Natter referred to Rives as a longtime friend.
Rives expressed his gratitude for his new position and said he looks forward to serving the citizens of Hoover.
"I feel honored to help make the city of Hoover a better place to live and work," said Rives. "It is a true honor to be included here. These are just some truly great people."
Also, during the meeting, the council:
- Authorized installation of fire hydrants in Kirkman Preserve.
- Authorized an addendum to the original claims service agreement with Hill Administrative Services, Inc.
- Authorized an agreement the with Alabama Department of Transportation for Sidewalks along Preserve Parkway from Sulphur Springs Road to Preserve Town Center.
- Authorized agreements with the Alabama Department ofTransportation for replacing and upgrading street lighting on US-31 from Cahaba River to Patton Chapel Road. These projects are the a result of the recent Highway 31 widening.
- Approved ABC Applications for Sameeha, LLC, for 050-Retail Beer (off premises only) and 070-Retail Table Wine (off premises only) for Sunny Food Mart, 3069 Highway 150. This is a change in ownership on a previously approved site.
- Approved ABC Application for GEMCO, LLC for St. Patrick’s Day Celebration to allow special event to be held on March 14 at Beef O’Brady’s, 5519 Grove Blvd.
- Set public hearings for Monday, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. to consider the following requests to be considered by the Planning and Zoning Commission at their Feb. 9 meeting.
- Ryan A. Hallmark, Hallmark Holdings, LLC d/b/a Rock-N-Roll Sushi is requesting conditional use approval for the sale of 020-Restaurant Retail Liquor at Rock-N-Roll Sushi located at 4441 Creekside Avenue, Ste. 133.
- Fred Gustin, Slice of the Pie, LLC is requesting conditional use approval for the sale of 040-Retail Beer at Pie Five Pizza Co. located at 4741 Chace Circle, Ste. 113.
- Set public hearing for Monday, March 2, 2015 at 6 p.m. to consider the request of Ms. Bethany Bertovic, The Shopping Center Group, LLC, for conditional use approve to allow the operation of a Children’s Indoor Play Center, to be named Let’s Play, at 5025 Highway 280 S, Suite 102. This case will be considered by the Planning and Zoning Commission at their Feb. 9 meeting.
The next Hoover City Council Meeting will be Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. at Hoover City Hall.