Photo by Jessa Pease.
A partial funding agreement was approved between the city of Hoover and Jefferson County for the Galleria Boulevard Extension Project.
Hugh Daniel Drive and Galleria Boulevard will soon be under construction now that they have been approved by the Hoover City Council on Sept. 15.
Through an agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation concerning the ATRIP Project, Hugh Daniel Drive will be resurfaced between its intersections with U.S. 280 and County Road 41.
The council also approved a partial funding agreement with Jefferson County for the Galleria Boulevard Extension Project. Previously, Jefferson County was providing 20 percent of the cost with 80 percent coming from the federal funding. This partial funding agreement was intended to speed up the process of the project.
This agreement would require the city to provide partial reimbursement to the county. These costs include that of right of way acquisition, utility relocation and construction.
Currently, there is no estimated time for completion for the project, but someone working with the project gave a best guess at four years.
The council also:
- Approved the continued budget for the fiscal year ending 9/30/14.
- Authorized an agreement with Accessible Space, Inc. to provide CDBG funds to replace the siding and windows at Patton Ridge Apartments located at 2122 Rocky Ridge Road.
- Executed an agreement with Clearwater Solutions, LLC to provide wastewater management and operation services to the city of Hoover.
- Declared properties located at 3447 Loch Ridge Trail, 3515 Lorna Ridge Drive, 1737 Monteagle Drive and 532 Paige Drive as public nuisances because of the weeds and unmaintained grass.
- Declared a surplus and set a date for a public auction.
- Approved the first reading of a ordinance providing for the issuance of General Obligation Refunding Warrants. The second reading of this ordinance will be Oct. 6.
- Set public hearings for Oct. 6 for the following planning and zoning requests:
- John Mount requesting the property at 3100 Ross Bridge Parkway be used for the new site of Aldergate United Methodist Church. US Steel is the current property owner.
- 2180 Chapel Hill Road requesting to be rezoned from Jefferson County single family to Hoover single family district.
- 812 LaBelle Lane requesting to be rezoned from Jefferson County agricultural to Hoover single family district.
- Sonic Automotive Group requesting the use of 2875 John Hawkins Parkway as a used motor vehicle sales establishment, to permit the sale and servicing of automobiles, and to permit a driveway on Paradise Parkway and other minor revisions.
Council members John Greene and Gene Smith were absent Sept. 15. The next Hoover City Council meeting will be Oct. 6 at 6 p.m.