Hoover Fire Fighters Association endorses Ivey for mayor

Recommendation

Hmmm, from the outside looking in, I see the firefighter recommendation this way: A person who worked for two bosses that are competing for the same job. One is his/her direct supervisor that pays his/her salary and budget and the other is someone that s/he used to work for.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it would be strategically smart to align yourself with the current boss rather than the former boss.

I have learned from the Hoover Vote facebook site that this is the first time this group has ever endorsed a Mayor in a political election. This reinforced my comment above.

Steve 260 days ago

Ivey's Children

Several comments regarding Brocato's children not attending Hoover schools - where did Ivey's go? I don't they think they attended Hoover schools. Were they homeschooled?

hoover citizen 261 days ago

Brocato has no experience

Brocato has zero experience leading in this great city. Mayor Ivey has worked very hard to make Hoover what it is. Look who all supports Ivey (key Hoover Leaders). Firefighters all over Hoover will tell you the REAL Brocato.

Don't be fooled 264 days ago

Hoover needs a full time mayor

We don't need a car salesman as a mayor. Let Ivey stick to his dealership, since that takes up a lot of his time anyway. Do tell though, who is the "Real Brocato" that you speak of? Anxious to hear what you come up with.

Wilson 264 days ago

Foolish Trolls

Political Cronyism should not win in the city of Hoover any longer because its citizens will always lose. Vote the Real Frank Brocato to see where Hoover could truly be.

Anne Marie 264 days ago

Where do your kids go to school?

Since the Hoover Fire Union has decided to endorse Ivey, I think they need to provide more information about their membership. Obviously they WORK in Hoover, but what percentage of them LIVE in Hoover? I think that would be an important follow up article, Jon Anderson. As a voter I need to know if these firefighters have any interest in the quality of education for Hoover children or any property investment in Hoover.

Cris Powell 264 days ago

Where did brocatos kids go to school?

Even though he has always lived in Hoover, his kids never attended Hoover schools ....how do you explain that?

james 264 days ago

Schools

I am a Hoover citizen who loves my city very much but I have a strong faith family in my church and so have decided to send my son to my church's school. Who knows what all factors were at play for his family at that time when his kids were school aged. He has several grandkids in Hoover schools, so we know he cares about education in our city.

Katie 264 days ago

Hoover Firemen Families

Not all Hoover firemen families live in Hoover, but several of the ones I know do. If you think about it, the firemen who don't own a house in Hoover do live there, away from their families, every 3rd day. I think they have a lot invested in the city and they truly care about the city's future as well as the city's citizens.

Nell 264 days ago

What if You Don't Have Kids

All I ever see is where did his kids go to school. Do people who don't have kids not count. What happens when your kids graduate or you move. Does your voice no longer count. Why do you always think this is only about the school system. Wake up. The majority of us don't care where your kids go to school.

Jackson 263 days ago

What if You Don't Have Kids

Jackson 263 days ago

What if You Don't Have Kids

Jackson 263 days ago

Concerned Hoover Voter

This is the Union and does not speak for 99% of the Hoover Fire Dept. Frank was never a part of the Union and many firefighters did not like that. Of course the Union is supporting the Mayor because he is their boss, controls their raises, etc. I know several firefighters who are supporting Frank.

Concerned Hoover Voter 265 days ago

NO BROCATO

This Union does speak for 100% of the department. Not a single Firefighter would vote for "Frank Brocato" The public image you see of him isn't who he really is.

Never Brocato 265 days ago

Foolish

You don't know Frank then at all. The Union is a complete joke, just like Poison Ivey

Tim 265 days ago

Never brocato

It's my understanding he was at fire dept 40 yrs? Seems to me the fire dept personnel would know him quite well, am I wrong?

James 264 days ago

Hoover, be smart enough to see through this!

Yes, and several Hoover firefighters do love and support Frank Brocato, even though it's not something they can say out loud because of the bullying going on from the people posting on this article.

Katie 264 days ago

Another voter

The people in the picture make up more then 1%. And the union make up well over the majority of the department.

John 265 days ago

Wondering

How many of these firefighters actually live in Hoover?

Hoover Resident 264 days ago