Photo by Madison Miller.
Hoover City Council
Hoover City Council members John Lyda and Brian Skelton speak at the meeting.
The Hoover City Council will hold a public hearing Monday May 4 regarding property at 1813 Charlotte Drive declared a public nuisance due to overgrown weeds and grass.
During the Council Meeting, beginning at 6 p.m. May 4 at Hoover City Hall, the council will also hear proclamations honoring the Hoover Rotary Club, Women’s Lung Health Week and Emergency Medical Services Week.
Here are other items on the council agenda under consideration:
- Resolution No. 5257-15 – Bid No. 04-15 – Body Camera/Evidence Transfer Module/Online Storage. Motion to approve.
- Resolution No. 5259-15 – Declare properties located at 3469 Birchtree Drive, 2108 Rockland Drive, 2244 Rockview Lane, 3328 Sierra Drive, 2229 White Way and 2212 Sherwood Place as public nuisances due to weeds and/or grass. Motion to approve.
- Resolutions informing the Alabama Department of Environmental Management of actions taken by the city regarding wastewater systems.
- Resolution No. 5260-15 – Riverchase Wastewater System. Motion to approve.
- Resolution No. 5261-15 – Inverness Wastewater System. Motion to approve.
- Resolution No. 5262-15 – Authorize Mayor to execute contract with BOTS Touring, Inc. to provide entertainment for the upcoming Freedom Fest event. Motion to approve.
- Set public hearings for Monday, May 18, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. to consider the following requests which will be considered by the Planning & Zoning Commission at their regular meeting on Monday, May 11, 2015:
- a) Me, You and a Pizza, LLC d/b/a Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint, is requesting Conditional Use approval to allow the sale of Retail Beer (On or Off Premises) and Retail Table Wine (On or off Premises) at Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint to be located at 210 Doug Baker Blvd., Ste. 100. Pera Lee Branch, Inc. is the property owner and the property is zoned C-2 (Community Business District) P&Z Case #C-0515-11
- b) Ghassan Dib is requesting Conditional Use approval to allow the sale of Restaurant Retail Liquor at Cedars Grille located at 1870 Chace Drive, Ste. 160. Mr. Dib is the property owner and the property is zoned PC (Planned Commercial). P&Z Case #C- 0515-12