Photo courtesy of the City of Hoover.
0413 Hoover Met
The Hoover Metropolitan Stadium.
The Hoover City Council approved bids to build new batting cages and fence padding at the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium and also to repair the Hoover Recreation Center’s pool at the Dec. 1 meeting.
Executive Director Allen Pate said that two new batting cages will be built and four inches of padding will be mounted to the outer fence of the Hoover Met. Repairs will be made to the Hoover Recreation Center pool's drainage system.
The council also approved new community service agreements with the Birmingham Children’s Theatre, The Clay House Children’s Center and Birmingham International Center. In addition to the new contracts, the council also amended its previous contracts with ClasTran, the Birmingham Zoo and Aldridge Gardens.
The Hoover City Council also:
- Approved a new security screening system.
- Authorized Bessemer Utilities to install fire hydrants in the Ross Bridge Cottages subdivision and Birmingham Water Works to install fire hydrants in the Magnolia Grove subdivision.
- Authorized the mayor to execute an agreement with AT&T for a services upgrade and to execute an agreement with LexisNexis for municipal court.
- Granted Water Franchise to the Birmingham Water Works Board.
- Approved the first reading of proposed 2015 International Codes, 2014 National Electric Code and Alabama Energy and Residential Code. The second reading of this ordinance will be at the Dec. 15 meeting.
The next council meeting will be Monday, Dec. 15 at 6 p.m. at City Hall.