Join us for the premiere screening of the Southern Exposure Film Fellowship 2016 films, raising appreciation and awareness of Alabama’s incredible natural resources and important environmental issues.
Immediately following the films will be a panel discussion and audience Q&A.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
The Altamont School
Cabaniss-Kaul Center for the Arts
4801 Altamont Road South
Free admission/open to the public
Produced and directed in Birmingham by emerging filmmakers from across the country, these short films tell authentic, engaging stories about Alabama's environment and the people who cherish it, from the mountains to the coast.
Now in its fifth year, the Southern Exposure Film Fellowship has resulted in the creation of more than 30 films.
For more information about the Southern Exposure Film Fellowship or to view the films from previous years, visit: www.southernexposurefilms.org
Southern Exposure 2016 Films:
• Birmingham to the Gulf: Directed by Matthew Grcic
• Waste Not Want Not: Directed by Scott Schimmel
• Alabama the Beautiful: Directed by Mary D. Recio
• The Herald of the Sea: Directed by Celine Schmidt
• Good Housekeeping: Directed by Yelizaveta Slutskaya
• What a Waste: Directed by Cai Thomas