T. Fox Salon was recognized as Small Business of the Year in Category 1 - companies with 1-5 employees open 1 year or more.
The Hoover-based T. Fox Salon on Valleydale Road was one of six winners of the Small Business of the Year awards given out this year by the Greater Shelby Chamber of Commerce.
T. Fox Salon, owned by Traci Fox and operated for more than seven years, won in the category for companies with one to five employees and open one year or more.
Other businesses selected for 2016 were:
- Category 2 – Companies with six to 10 employees open one year or more: Eclipse Coffee and Books and Shelby Pediatric Dentistry
- Category 3 – Companies with 11 to 20 employees open one year or more: Wilson Computer Support, LLC
- Category 4 – Companies with 21 or more employees open one year or more: Pelham Eye Care
- Category 5 – Companies with less than 25 employees and open less than one year: Refrigerant Solutions, Inc.
Kirk Mancer, president and CEO of the Greater Shelby Chamber of Commerce, said about 70 percent of the chamber’s investors are small businesses, and the majority of employers in Alabama are small businesses.
“Let us be clear, that the impact is very real,” Mancer said.
The complete list of nominees for Small Business of the Year included:
Category 1 – for companies with 1-5 employees open 1 year or more:
- AdvaPay Systems, LLC
- Brownstone Marketing Solutions
- Coleman Construction, Inc.
- Community Response Systems, LLC
- Expedia Cruise Ship Centers
- Express Tire and Auto
- HomeTown Realtors, LLC
- Jones and Associates, LLC
- Kai's Koffee
- Oh My Soul
- Pelham Flowers by Desiree
- Peter Northcott, Realtor
- Sawyer Solutions, LLC
- Scozzaro Law, LLC
- Selective Management Services, LLC
- Recipient: T. Fox Salon
Category 2 – for Companies with 6-10 employees open one year or more:
- Bradford & Holliman, LLC
- Co-recipient: Eclipse Coffee and Books
- Heritage Cultivation Specialists
- Junk King of Birmingham
- SAS Tax and Accounting, LLC
- Co-recipient: Shelby Pediatric Dentistry
- Snag Equipment & Lubrication, Inc.
- Sniders Pharmacy and Ground Up Coffee and Smoothies
- Trash Taxi of Alabama, LLC
Category 3 – for companies with 11-20 employees open one year or more:
- Coal Yard
- Glenn Contracting & Paving Company, Inc.
- The Happy Catering Company
- Ovation Media, Inc.
- Recipient: Wilson Computer Support, LLC
Category 4 – for companies with 21 or more employees open one year or more:
- Event Operations Group, Inc.
- Express Oil Change and Tire Engineers
- Helena Health Club
- Mr. Bugg’s Pest Patrol, Inc.
- Recipient: Pelham Eye Care
- School for Amazing Kids
Category 5 – for companies with LESS than 25 employees and open for LESS than one year:
- Chad Hartsfield State Farm
- CRM Marketing Solutions
- Jennifer Campbell Consulting
- Focal Point Coaching and Training Excellence
- Jon Riddle - Brik Realty
- Lazy Boy BBQ, LLC
- Melinda Thomas Creative
- Recipient: Refrigerant Solutions, Inc.